Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Things You Can Live Without

I just took a hot shower. 

For the first time in 15 weeks. 

It was quite a momentous occasion. I'm pretty sure I heard choirs of angels rejoicing. 




See, being here, I realize that there are a lot of "comfort" things that were holding ME back from following God into the crazy abyss of the unknown, and I think there are a lot of people out there in the same boat. We have big, grand excuses but what it comes down to in the end is "Yeah, but I could never live without...." Let me tell you--- you probably could.**

In honor of this event, I want to do a short piece I've entitled

"The Things You Can Live Without."
(In no particular order)
  • Hot Showers
  • Cold Showers
  • Any Showers
  • Cable
  • Broccoli
  • Central Air
  • Toaster
  • Fancy Hair Products
  • Taco Bell, Cinnabon, Burger King, etc. (For some reason my biggest craving is Cinnabon even though I rarely ate it in the states. Weird, huh?)
  • Hot Water Heater
  • More than 4 pots and pans
  • Costco
  • A Laundry Room
  • A Pantry
  • Aluminum Foil
  • A Blender
  • Bagels
  • A Sewing Machine
  • Crafty Anything
  • Target
  • Dishwasher
  • Dressers, Nightstands, End Tables, and most other furniture. 
  • Amazon (gasp. I know. The internet police are going to break down my door)
  • A TV
  • Apple Juice (Or, "insert your favorite beverage here")
  • Oven
  • Netflix (Full disclosure... we now have Netflix. But we didn't for 3 months and no one died)
  • Microwave
  • Fancy Body Products
  • Shaving your legs
  • Salad
  • Milk, and most milk-related products
  • Ziplock Bags
**Things you ABSOLUTELY CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT:
  • Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • Cheese
You thought I was going to go all deep and add something like "Christ" to that list, didn't you? Not today, friends. Not today. Today, it's all about the necessity of cheese. 


Be Blessed and Be A Blessing!
XOXO
Beka

1 comment: